FLINT — The Flint River Watershed Coalition (FRWC) is gearing up for its 2020 Voice of the River Annual Celebration, celebrating a “20/20 Vision” for the Flint River and its watershed.
The FRWC invites the public to join it Jan. 30 at GM’s Factory One to celebrate the wonderful features of the Flint River. FRWC members are excited to share their 20/20 Vision for the watershed.
“We’re looking back on some amazing changes over the years for the Flint River, as well as charting a path for the river for the next 20 years,” the FRWC said in a statement. “Of course, we also celebrate the donors, volunteers, and members that make all this happen. And as always, we’ll have great food (this year, catered by Redwood Steakhouse), great companionship, awards, and some fun raffle and auction items.”
Learn more about the Flint River Watershed Coalition and the work they do by joining them at the Annual Voice of the River Celebration.
This year’s award winners:
• S. Olof Karlstrom Impact Award – Ridgway White, President, CEO and Chair of the C. S. Mott Foundation, for his personal and professional dedication to ensuring safe, easy, and ample access to the Flint River.
• Joe Leonardi Leadership Award – Leyla Sanker, Program Manager with the UM-Flint Office of University Outreach, for her work in building environmental education capacity in the watershed.
• Dr. Gary Pace Volunteer of the Year Award – Molly Dallaire, for her long-term commitment to the FRWC’s water quality monitoring program.
• FRWC Service Awards – They are honoring Linda S. Berker with a Service Award and her promotion to Emeritus status on the board of directors. Berker is a founding member of the FRWC.
• Golden Gloves – To be determined. Online voting ends Jan. 27. Visit the Flint River Watershed Coalition’s Facebook page to vote. — G.G.