DAVISON — Kindergarten Round Up will be available for all kindergarten and developmental kindergarten age students who reside within the district’s residential boundaries.
A child must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2021, to register. If your child’s 5th birthday falls between Sept. 2 and Dec. 1 and you are interested in enrollment, a waiver is required. Please inquire with the school secretary when scheduling your child’s registration appointment.
Kindergarten Round Up will take place April 19-23 at Thomson Elementary, 617 E. Clark St. at Door #8. Appointments are available from 8:30 -11 a.m. and 12:45-3:15 p.m.
Please call Thomson Elementary at 810-591-0911 between March 1 and April 15 to schedule your child’s registration appointment. Plan to allow approximately 30 minutes for your scheduled appointment.
Please plan on providing the following at Round Up:
• The child to be enrolled. The registration process will include a brief basic skills screening of your child. A child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2021 to register. If your child’s 5th birthday falls between September 2 and December 1 and you are interested in enrollment, a waiver is required. Please inquire with the school secretary when scheduling your child’s registration appointment.
• The child’s birth certificate.
• Davison residency verification. Verification of Davison residency must include the following three valid proofs of residency:
• Valid driver’s license with the current Davison address.
• Utility bill (i.e. electric, gas, water, cable, landline phone). The “service” address must be indicated on the bill provided. IF YOU PAY YOUR BILLS ONLINE, PLEASE PRINT YOUR ONLINE BILL**
• An additional utility bill, bank or credit card statement, tax bill OR Mortgage/lease agreement**
**Proofs above must be in the same name/address as the parent/ legal guardian listed on the valid driver’s license submitted. All proofs must be dated within the past two months.
Parents/Legal Guardians: In order to complete registration for your child, you must bring the required proofs of residency listed above to your appointment. If you are unable to provide or have any questions regarding the required documents, please discuss this with the school secretary when scheduling your child’s registration appointment. If the required proofs of residency are not provided at the time of registration, your child will not be enrolled in a school building or assigned a teacher until received.
The school will print your child’s most up-to-date immunization record. A physical is not required.
All immunizations must be up to date prior to the start of school. New this year: A dental oral assessment on the child must be conducted no earlier than 6 months prior to registration.
For more information on tuition-based preschool, please call The Cardinal’s Nest at 810-591-0821.