FLINT — To help current and future students get ready for the Fall Semester, Mott Community College (MCC) is hosting the Bear Blast – Enrollment Fair, beginning Aug. 11 and continuing for the week of Aug. 13-17.
MCC is looking for students who are ready for more and ready to complete the necessary steps toward enrollment.
Bear Blast kicks off on Aug. 11 from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. at the Flint Campus. Enrollment support continues Monday through Friday, Aug. 13-17 with extended office hours from 8 a.m.– 7 p.m. Monday – Thursday, daily food giveaways, Taco Tuesday, a scavenger hunt, photo booth, coney wars and a drawing for a Google Chrome Book.
“Our goal is to provide our current students, and prospective students, an efficient and seamless opportunity to enroll for the upcoming semester,” said Dr. Chris Engle, Dean of Enrollment, Retention and Registrar. “Every step of the enrollment process will be available to facilitate our students’ busy schedules or help new students get the enrollment process started.”
During the Bear Blast-Enrollment Fair week students can:
• Take or schedule the Accuplacer placement test. Testing will be done on a first-come, first-served basis. Appointments for future testing will also be available.
• Schedule or attend an Orientation.
• Meet with an advisor, or schedule a future appointment to plan course schedules.
• Pay for classes (MasterCard, Discover, Visa, American Express, money order and personal checks are accepted) OR arrange for a tuition payment plan for the upcoming semesters.
• Receive information on financial aid and receive assistance with completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
• Sign up for Bear Direct 2.0, the automated refund system.
• Visit the bookstore.
• ON SATURDAY – Aug. 11 – from 10-2 there will be free Hamburgers & Hot Dogs, a DJ and games outside the Student Life Office (weather permitting).
• ON MONDAY – Aug. 13 – from 4-7 p.m. and there will be free Ice Cream and Snow Cones, games in Student Life, and the Athletics Dept. will be on hand.
• ON TUESDAY – Aug. 14 – from 4-7 p.m. there will be free tacos for Taco Tuesday! There will also be “Financing Your Education/Ways to Pay for College” presentations.
• ON WEDNESDAY – Aug. 15 – from Noon-3, there will be free Burgers & Hot Dogs and a Trivia/Scavenger Hunt that begins in Student Life.
• ON THURSDAY – Aug. 16 – from Noon-3, we will host Coney Wars – Flint vs. Detroit, and a petting zoo!
• ON FRIDAY – Aug. 17 – from Noon-3 its FOOD TRUCK FRIDAY! with a DJ, a photo booth and info about MCC clubs and programs.
Details: Call 810-762-0200 or visit www.mcc.edu. — G.G.