CHEVY: 7 VEHICLES WITH TOP NHTSA RATINGS




2014 Chevy Impala

2014 Chevy Impala

Seven Chevrolet models have received 5- Star Overall Vehicle Scores for safety from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

In New Car Assessment Program testing, NHTSA gave its highest possible 5-star overall score to the Chevrolet Sonic, Cruze, Volt, Impala, Traverse, Camaro Coupe and Silverado 1500 Crew Cab. Sonic is the first and only car in the subcompact class to receive a 5-Star overall score, said Sharon Basel, GM Communications manager for Environment, Energy and Safety.

Federal motor vehicle safety standards and safety regulations are included in the design and performance requirements for every new Chevrolet vehicle, Basel said.

About 40 percent of the crash load cases are based on regulatory requirements, with the remaining 60 percent based on General Motors’ internal requirements for vehicle safety and crashworthiness, which exceed federal requirements.

Active safety technologies, including forward collision alert and lane departure warning, are designed to help the driver avoid a crash before it happens, Basel said. These and other advanced technologies are available on many new Chevrolet vehicles – from small cars to big trucks. Silverado offers the new Safety Alert Seat that pulses to alert the driver of potential hazards.

Passive safety features, such as Cruze’s 10 standard air bags and the available industry-first front center air bag in the Traverse, are designed to help protect occupants during crashes and rollovers, Basel said.

Sonic was the first subcompact to have 10 standard airbags. On-Star, available on all Chevrolet models, enables occupants to get help from emergency services after a crash through automatic crash response.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *