FLUSHING — Flushing City Council approved more appointments to city positions, committees and boards at its Jan. 11 meeting. The appointments are as follows:
• Kim Lynch was appointed as Treasurer for the City of Flushing.
• William O’Connor was appointed to the Board of Review for a three-year term.
• Peggy Gray was reappointed to the Election Commission for a four-year term.
• Patrick Scanlon was reappointed to the Flushing City Parks and Recreation Committee for a three-year term.
• Richard McNally was reappointed to the Flushing City Parks and Recreation Committee for a three-year term.
• John Olson was reappointed to the Planning Commission for a three-year term.
• Ron Johnson, Virginia Talaga and Loretta Hudson were each appointed to the SALT board to serve three-year terms.
• Mark Gellis was appointed to the Flushing Area Senior Center board for a three-year term.
• Marie Zuk was reappointed to the Flushing Area Senior Center board.
• John Zintsmaster was appointed to the Zoning Board of Review (ZBA) for a three-year term.
The City of Flushing is still looking to fill vacancies on the Planning Commission (threeyear term), the Construction Board of Review (term exp. 1/31/22), the Parks and Recreation Committee (term exp. 1/31/23), the Flushing Area Senior Center Board (three-year term) and the Board of Review Alternate (term exp. 1/31/23). Residents who are interested in filling these positions should contact Flushing City Clerk Michelle King at 810-659-5665 or email@example.com. — B.G.