FLUSHING — Flushing City Council filled several open positions on city boards and committees at its Feb. 8 meeting. Below are the candidates who were chosen:
• Nicholas Reitano was selected to fill a vacancy on the Planning Commission. Reitano, a lifelong Flushing resident, former Flushing firefighter and current sergeant with the Flint Fire Department, will serve a three-year term on the commission.
• Tom Louks was selected to the Flushing City Parks and Recreation Committee for a term expiring on Jan. 31, 2023. Louks is four-year resident of Flushing and has 10 years of experience in education and public service.
• Karen McIntosh was chosen to fill a vacancy on the Flushing Area Senior Center Board of Directors. McIntosh is a former Genesee County government employee and has lived and volunteered in Flushing for over 25 years.
• Craig Miller was selected to join the Construction Board of Appeals for a term expiring on Jan. 31, 2022. Miller is a lifelong Flushing resident, a 1970 Flushing High School graduate and a retired logistics manager for Helmac.
• Lisa Neva was selected to the Board of Review as an alternate, for a term expiring on Jan. 31, 2023. Neva is a lifelong resident of Flushing and a legal assistant for the firm of Simen, Figura & Paker, PLC. — B.G.