FLINT — Got a busy schedule? Mott Community College understands. To help students complete the necessary steps toward enrollment, Mott Community College (MCC) will host an enrollment open house on Aug. 6, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Flint campus. The open house gives current and prospective students an opportunity to complete enrollment processes for the fall semester which begins Tuesday, Sept. 6.
“Our goal is to provide our current students, and prospective students, an efficient and seamless opportunity to enroll for the fall semester,” said Jennifer McDonald, director of admissions and student success services at MCC. “Every step of the enrollment process will be available on Saturday, Aug. 6, to facilitate our students’ busy schedules or help new students get the enrollment process started.”
In addition to registering for classes during the open house, students can:
• Apply for admission;
• Take or schedule the Accuplacer placement test. Testing will be done on a first-come, first-served basis. Appointments for future testing will also be available. The last test will begin at 1 p.m.
• Attend or schedule new student orientation. Schedule your Saturday orientation today by calling 810-762- 0377.
• Meet with a counselor or academic advisor, or schedule a future appointment to plan your fall course schedule.
• Pay for classes (MasterCard, Discover, Visa, American Express, money order and personal checks are accepted) or arrange for a tuition payment plan for fall semester registration.
• Receive information on financial aid.
• Sign up for Bear Direct 2.0, the automated refund system.
• Visit the bookstore.
Visitors will be able to meet selected MCC faculty and tour campus throughout the day.
Open labs will include:
• Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Labs in the RTC – scheduled tours at noon & 1 p.m.
• American Sign Language Lab — Curtice-Mott Complex
• Early Childhood Education — Mott Memorial Building
• Esthetics Lab — Curtice-Mott Complex
• Foreign Language Lab — Curtice- Mott Complex
• Geology Museum — Gorman Science Center
• Information Technology Labs in the RTC – scheduled tours at 11 a.m. and noon
• Visual Arts and Design Center
• Media Arts and Entertainment Studio — Mott Memorial Building
• Music — Mott Memorial Building
• Writing Center — Curtice-Mott Complex
MCC offers an excellent selection of credit and non-credit courses, including general education classes and job training programs.
For more information about admissions at MCC, or to register online, call 810-762-0200 or visit www.mcc.edu.