Financial Plus celebrates their members



FLINT — Financial Plus has announced they are now serving more than 55,000 members. To acknowledge this milestone and thank their membership, they are hosting a celebration on June 23 from 11 a.m.–2 p.m. at every branch. Each member will enjoy dessert and have a chance to win one of seven $55 gift cards.

“Our commitment to our members has translated into our membership growth. This is why we are taking the time to celebrate each and every member.” said Olga Long, Senior Vice President of Financial Plus Credit Union.

Financial Plus’ story began in October of 1952 when Cheve-Flint Federal Credit Union opened its doors to serve the employees of the Chevrolet Motor Company in Flint. As the membership grew to include other GM factories, the credit union became known as West Side Auto Employees Federal Credit Union. This name hung on its doors for many years. In 2002, West Side made a transformation into a community chartered credit union, and the name Financial Plus Federal Credit Union was born. In January of 2014 the credit union changed their name to Financial Plus Credit Union.

Financial Plus Credit Union operates through seven branch offices in Flint, Flint Township, Fenton, Grand Blanc, Swartz Creek, Saginaw and Howell. The commitment Financial Plus provides as a strong, safe, and secure financial institution for its members has remained the same over the years.

Details: Visit www.myfpcu.com or call 800-748-0451. — G.G.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *