Fire damages Elms Rd. house



FLINT TWP. — A small house fire last week in the 1000 block of S. Elms Road caused about $25,000 to $35,000 in damage, according to Assistant Fire Chief Mike Burkley.

The fire was started accidentally by a weld torch in a bathroom being remodeled where they were welding copper pipes, the homeowner said. The fire was contained to the bathroom.

No one was injured but there was heavy smoke damage throughout the house, Burkley said. The fire was quickly brought under control. Swartz Creek Fire was called in for assistance but released within an hour. — R.S.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *