Fire death reported



FLINT TWP. — An elderly resident who died in a house fire last week was the township’s first fire fatality since March 2017, according to Fire Chief Thomas D. Stadler. The victim has been identified as Eugene Gasparich, 62.

The house was well involved, with fire through the roof, when firefighters arrived, Stadler said. The victim was found once firefighters were able to enter the building.

Gasparich was likely overcome by smoke before firefighters arrived on scene, Stadler said.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental, having originated on the stove top. The stove was accidentally turned on or not turned off after use, according to the fire report.

The house was a total loss. Flint Township firefighters were assisted by Mt. Morris Township.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *