BURTON — The Flint Central Class of 1947 will hold their last class reunion on Saturday, Sept. 30, at noon.
The reunion will be held in the community room at ELGA Credit Union Administration building, 2305 S. Center Road in Burton.
The class will celebrate their 70th and last official reunion.
The informal dinner will be catered by the Temple Dining Room of Flint. Following the dinner there will be special entertainment, a few surprises and much reminiscing.
The Class of ‘47 is a perfect example of what is known as “The Greatest Generation”. As World War II drew to a close in 1945 many veterans returned home and enrolled at Central to continue their education.
The year 1947 was a year when jobs were plentiful and many graduates chose the good wages offered by the auto industry. Those who were able went on to college and have been very successful in their chosen fields.
This class’ alumni include several judges, many lawyers, teachers, sports professionals, a Hollywood “Emmy” winner, a pilot of Air Force Two (the nation’s plane for our vice president) and many others who excelled in their professions.
Those attending on Saturday know all of their classmates are special and have one thing in common: a deep affection for their alma mater.
A sign of their pride and love has been placed in the form of a memorial brick that has been placed in the Auto Pioneer’s Memorial Plaza in downtown Flint. – L.R.