FLUSHING TWP. — Flushing Township and the Flushing Township Police Department will be reopening their doors to the public starting on June 1 at 8 a.m.
In compliance with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s Executive Order 2020-91, Flushing Township has established safety measures and guidelines for employees and residents to follow when conducting business at the township hall:
• Flushing Township office hours will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday thru Thursday. If someone needs to meet with an elected official or other employees, they are instructed to make an appointment, fill out a health questionnaire, have their temperature taken and wear a mask when entering the township offices.
• Only one person at a time will be allowed at the front counter. One person can wait in the hallway.
• The township will be installing a Plexiglas shield at its front counter and will provide employees with hand sanitizer, gloves, facemasks and an external thermometer. Facemasks will also be available for the public.
• The township will install a video doorbell for its main entrance.
• Interior doors to office areas will be locked. The main entrance doors will be unlocked.
• Office workers will try to stay least six feet apart from each other, if possible.
The Flushing Township Police Department will be open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday thru Thursday, and from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Fridays. Below are some safety guidelines:
• Only one person will be allowed in the lobby at a time. All others will have to wait outside or in their vehicles.
• An intercom system will be utilized to make initial contact outside the entrance.
• Meetings and interviews deemed necessary will be by appointment only. Citizens will be required to fill out a health questionnaire, have their temperature taken and wear a mask.
• External thermometer, hand sanitizer, surgical masks and latex gloves will be available for staff and the public.
• Employees will practice good hygiene, including washing their hands and using hand sanitizer throughout the day.
• Employees will practice social distancing throughout the day.