FLINT — The Flint Youth Symphony Orchestra (FYSO), conducted by Flint School of Performing Arts Director, Davin Pierson Torre, will perform a concert at 7 p.m., Wednesday, March 27 at The Whiting. Ticket prices for the performance at The Whiting are $12 for adults and $6 for children (age 12 and under).
The Flint Youth Symphony Orchestra includes 80-plus talented musicians from 25 zip code areas throughout the mid- Michigan region, such as Saginaw, Davison, Goodrich, Lapeer, Grand Blanc, Owosso, Millington, Flushing and more.
FYSO will cover a lot of musical ground for this concert with classics like Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony, music from old-time western movies, and even an opera.
The music for their performance at The Whiting will include:
• Bacchanale from Samson and Delilah by Camille Saint-Saens, arranged by Merle J. Isaac.
• Symphony No. 5, first movement, by The Flint Youth Symphony Orchestra. Ludwig van Beethoven.
• Intermezzo Sinfonico from the Opera Cavalleria Rusticana by Pietro Mascagni, transcribed by Jos van de Braak.
• Moment for Morricone — Music from the Movies The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Once Upon a Time in the West by Morricone, arr. deMey.
• Berceuse and Finale from “Firebird Suite” by Igor Stravinsky, arranged by Merle J. Isaac.
• Rhapsody from August Rush by Mark Mancina, orchestrated by Dave Metzger.
• Danza Final (Malambo) from Estancia by Alberto Ginastera, arranged by David John. — G.G.