Home invasion suspect in custody

FLINT TWP. — On Tuesday, October 4 the Genesee County Prosecutor’s Office authorized a first-degree home invasion warrant against Orlanda Frye, a 40-year-old Mt. Morris Township resident, according to a Flint Township Police report.

The charges stem from a home invasion that occurred in the 4000 block of Van Slyke Road on September 22.

This same suspect was arraigned in 67th District County following an arrest by the Burton Police Department for home invasion on September 29.

Flint Township Police Department had been investigating four recent reports of home invasions to occupied residences that occurred between September 15 and September 25 between the hours of 3 am and 4:30 am.

Burton police apprehended Frye on Donovan Street in Burton at about 4:30 a.m. on September 28.

Flint Township Police had increased patrols in the area and witnessed the arrest, according to Flint Township Police Chief George Sippert in a report last week to the township board of trustees. Neighbors called police after seeing the suspect breaking into the home of an elderly neighbor, Sippert said. A Flint Township officer positioned near the home where Burton police officers were searching spotted a man peeking around the corner at the officers. He ran when approached but was tracked down by the Swartz Creek police dog.

Township police met with the county prosecutor to obtain the warrant for the Van Slyke incident. “” He certainly looks like he is responsible for all our home invasions,” Chief Sippert said. “We have not had one since he was arrested.”

Two of the township incidents occurred near Van Slyke Rd and Bristol Rd, one near W. Maple Ave and Van Slyke Rd, and one near Hemphill Rd and Fenton Rd. Three of the residences were entered through unlocked doors or windows, and one was entered by prying open the front door, police said. Frye is currently lodged at the Genesee County Jail.

According to records listed on the Michigan Department of Corrections web site, Frye is on parole and was released in January of this year. He was sentenced in November 2003 for two counts of home-invasion second degree.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *