July events at the library
FLINT TWP. — The Flint Township-McCarty Library will present Bee-utiful Music at 2 p.m. on July 28. Get the buzz on bees and other bugs while singing songs and creating beautiful buggy art to take home. This program for ages 4-7 is led by an educator from the Sloan Museum.
• The Genesee Valley Center Library will hold a Resume Drop-in Workshop from noon to 2 p.m. on July 25. Get your job search on track and spruce up your resume. Just bring a digital copy of your current resume to get started. For teens 16+ and adults.
• GVC will present Alex Thomas’s Interactive Puppet Show at 2 p.m. on July 28. This interactive show for children of all ages is filled with jokes, prizes, stories and silliness through the art of puppetry.
• The Headquarters Library, 4195 Pasadena Ave, will hold Lego Club for children at 2 p.m. on July 21 and 28. Participants will build and play with LEGOs.
• The Headquarters Library will hold Technology Tutoring from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on July 19 and 26. Bring in your own laptop, tablet, smartphone, Kindle, etc., or use library computers to learn new skills or troubleshoot old problems. No registration required.
• The Headquarters Library will hold Book Club at 4 p.m. on July 25. This group is open to the public. — R.S.
Movies under the stars
FLINT — Movies Under the Stars from Communities First, Inc. continues with The Game Plan, July 28 – Kettering University’s Atwood Stadium. The series features a pre-party starting at 7:30 p.m. including lawn games, dancing and music. Each experience is different and may include bounce houses, special guests and contests. Each guest will receive a bag of popcorn, a drink and candy to enjoy during the movie. The experience is free; however, donations are encouraged. Additional movies are as follows: The Secret Life of Pets, August 10 – Applewood Estate; Moana, Aug. 24 – Flint City Hall, back lawn. Sponsors for this amazing series include: Team One Credit Union, Siwek Construction, Diplomat, PNC Bank, Hurley Foundation, Mott Community College, WNEM TV-5, The Hurand Family, McLaren Hospital, HAP, Corporate FACTS, United Health Plan, Landaal Packaging, Hamilton Community Health Network, and many others. — P.S.
DQ Miracle Picnic for Hurley Children’s Hospital
FLINT — Hurley Medical Center will host a public picnic fundraiser July 31 from 5-8 p.m. at the Sloan Museum, 1221 E. Kearsley Street. Join us for a fun-filled family-friendly evening with balloon sculptures, photo booth, princesses/characters, face painting, live music and museum tours. There will also be a dinner with Dairy Queen treats as we celebrate local DQ franchisees giving to Hurley Children’s Hospital and the Child Life Program. Tickets are $50 individuals, $10 ages 5-12 and kids 4 and under are free. You can also sponsor a table or sponsor a Miracle family. RSVP by July 24 to www.hurleyfoundation.org/events/dq-miracle picnic or Karima Amlani at 810-262-9399 or firstname.lastname@example.org — P.S.