Outreach East to hold flower sale
DAVISON — The 23rd Annual Flower Sale hosted by Outreach East will take place May 23, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Oxford Bank, 600 N State Rd. in Davison.
There will be a variety of beautiful hanging flower baskets and gift certificates available for purchase courtesy of Davison Greenhouse. Not sure what flowers or veggies you are going to plant yet? Then purchase a gift certificates and shop Davison Greenhouse fantastic selection of flowers and vegetables at a later date.
Twenty five percent of your purchase goes to help Outreach East help those in our community. — G.G.
Mom2Mom Sale at the American Legion cancelled
DAVISON TWP. — The Davison American Legion Post 267, 10309 Davison Rd., has cancelled its Mom2Mom Sale on May 3.
Organizers hope to try again to hold it Sept. 19. Watch here for details. — G.G.
Virtual Yoga with Davison Township Parks & Recreation
DAVISON TWP. — Virtual Yoga classes through the Davison Township Parks and Recreation Department started this week.
The sessions are taught by a certified Yoga Fit instructor and will be held virtually via zoom. During these sessions, you will learn a combination of basic yoga postures that will focus on flexibility, strength, balance, and relaxation. Before each week’s class, every participant will be emailed the zoom link and step by step instructions on how to get into the class.
The classes take place Wednesdays through June 24 via Zoom Video Conferencing (instructions will be emailed to every participant that sign-up), from 7:15- 8:15 p.m.
All ages are welcome. Fee: Residents: $10 per class; 50 for all 6 classes. Non-Residents: $12 per class; $65 for all 6 classes. Tickets are online at www.davisontwp-mi.org/parks—recreation.html. — G.G.
VFW collecting pop cans
GRAND BLANC — The VFW Post 822 at Saginaw St. and Maple Ave in Grand Blanc is holding a can and bottle drive to raise money to feed our Veterans in the area.
This would be a great time to find more room in your house and garage by dropping off your returnables and support the veterans. Bring all your bottles and cans on May 29 from 12-4 p.m. to the post. They will have a bottle of cold water waiting for you. Now is a great time to support our local Vets and clean out some space for you. — G.G.
Mobile food pantry
BURTON — ICNA Muslim Relief Services will host a mobile pantry on the fourth Saturday of each month. If you or someone you know is in need of some food to get you through the next month, please stop by.
The Food Pantry will be at Creekwood Dental, 1080 Creekwood Dr., Burton from 1-3 p.m. Details: Call 313-366-6800. — G.G.
Kearsley school board approves contracts
GENESEE TWP. — The Kearsley Board of Education recently made the following decisions at its May 11 meeting:
• Approved the 2020-2021 contracts for building supervisors/directors: Bill Chapman, Janis Akers, and Ron March.
• Approved the 2020-2021 contracts for building administrators: Paul Gaudard, Jim Huiskens, Jane Fonger, Brian Wiskur, Eric Doyle, Matt Moore, Lisa Oetting, Doug Hibbs, and Kelly Fisher.
• Approved the 2020-2021 contract for Superintendent, Kevin Walworth. • Approved the 2020-2021 Cleaning Service Contract with Hi-Tech Building Services, Inc.
• Approved the second and final reading of the NEOLA Board Policies spring updates for the following Policies: 2210, 2412, 2414, 3362.01, 4162, 5200, 5335, 6107, 8210, 8400, 8462, and 8600.
• Approved to support the Genesee Intermediate School District’s 2020-2021 Budget Review and Approval Process Resolution.
• Approved purchase of myPerspectives program from Pearson for the high school English Language Arts curriculum.
• Approved the purchase of Inspire program from McGraw Hill for the high school Physical Science, Biology and Chemistry curriculum. — G.G.
Bendle has new food assistance program to offer
BURTON — Pandemic EBT Emergency Food Assistance is a new food assistance program for families and children that received free or reduced priced meals at Bendle schools. The Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer Program (P-EBT) provides temporary funding for families that need emergency food during the pandemic. Bendle families will automatically qualify for this benefit through the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (1-833-905-0028). Details: Visit www.bendleschools.org/news/what_ s_ new/ pandemic_ e_ b_ t_ program. — G.G.