Summer food program distribution sites named
GENESEE COUNTY — The Food Bank of Eastern Michigan announces the sponsorship of the Summer Food Service Program for Children.
Free meals will be made available to children 18 years of age and under or persons up to age 26 who are enrolled in an educational program for the mentally or physically disabled that is recognized by a State or local public educational agency.
The meals will be provided without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals will be provided at the following sites:
Genesee County locations are:
• Northridge Academy, 5306 North St., Flint. Lunch: 12:30-1 p.m., Monday-Thursday through Aug. 9., Details: Call 810-785-8811.
• Boys & Girls Club of Greater Flint, 3701 N. Averill Ave., in Flint. Lunch: 12-1 p.m. Monday- Thursday through Aug. 17., Details: Call 810- 249-3414.
• Richfield Public School Academy, 3807 N. Center Rd., Flint. Breakfast: 7:30-8 a.m., lunch: 11:30-12 p.m. Monday-Thursday through Aug. 6., Details: Call 810-736-1281.
• Bendle Middle School, 2294 E. Bristol Rd., Burton. Breakfast: 8:30-9 a.m., lunch: 12-12:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday, from July 9-Aug. 9., Details: Call 810-591-2837.
• Afojabe Afrikan Village, 1705 Nebraska Ave., Flint. Breakfast: 8:15-9 a.m., lunch: 12:15-1 p.m. From Aug. 13-24. — G.G.
Secretary of State offices to be closed for July 4
GENESEE COUNTY — Secretary of State Ruth Johnson reminds customers all branch offices and the Office of the Great Seal will close July 4 in observance of Independence Day.
The Department of State mails notices to motorists 45 days before their driver’s license or license plates expire to give them ample time to renew. Licenses and plates that expire on a day when state offices are closed, such as a holiday or weekend, can be renewed the following day without penalty.
Most people renewing license plates, driver’s licenses and ID cards can do business online at www.ExpressSOS. com or by mail. Easy to follow instructions can be found with the renewal notice.
License plate tabs can also be renewed at Self-Service Stations, many of which are available around the clock. Visit the Branch Office Locator at www.michigan.gov/sos to find a Self-Service Station near you.
With the exception of holidays, offices are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Smaller offices may close for the lunch hour. On Wednesdays most offices are open from 11 a.m.-7 p.m., with those in city centers open 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
For more information about Secretary of State office locations and additional services, visit www.michigan. gov/ sos. Sign up for the official Secretary of State Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/ michsos and Facebook updates at www.facebook.com/ michigansos. — G.G.