Love under the stars
FLINT — Experience a unique and intimate dinner for two under the stars at Longway Planetarium, including hors d’oeuvres and cocktails. Sweep that special someone right off their feet with a seductively stress-free Valentine’s meal. Included in your evening are a box of chocolates, a red rose in a bud vase, and your choice of a bottle of red or white wine.
Reservations and payment are required in advance. Seating is limited to just 10 couples. Call 810-237-3427 or email with any questions or to book your table.
There are three nights to choose from:
• Feb. 14, 6-10 p.m.
• Feb. 15, 6-10 p.m.
• Feb. 16, 6-10 p.m.
The cost is $150 per couple. Hors d’oeuvres and Cocktail Hour 6-7 p.m. and dinner is from 7-10 p.m.
The menu includes — grilled filet mignon, roasted red potatoes, asparagus in a butter sauce, delicious dessert and a bottle of wine.
Vegetarian and food restriction options available. Please inform at time of booking. — G.G.
Toiletries collected for North End Soup Kitchen
FLINT — In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, a National Day of Service, toiletries and personal needs items like soap, toothpaste, laundry soap and toilet paper are being collected at various sites through Jan. 31. The collection benefits the North End Soup Kitchen’s outreach.
Last year thousands of items were donated. The collection is being spearheaded by Flint Corps, a collaborative effort to increase volunteer and civic involvement on the college campuses.
Drop off your donations of toiletries like soap, razors and shaving cream, toilet paper, laundry and dish soap to these locations through Jan. 31:
• Baker College of Flint, 1050 W. Bristol Rd., Flint — Fitness Center, Student Center, Learning Support Services.
• Davenport University, 4318 Miller Road, Flint — Student Services.
• Kettering University, 1700 W. University Ave., Flint — Great Court of the Campus Center.
• Mott Community College, 1401 E. Court St., Flint — Library, Office of Student Life, Wagner Building, Career Alliance Campus.
• University of Michigan-Flint, 303 E. Kearsley St., Flint — University Center and Wm. S. White Building.
• Flint Public Library, 1026 E. Kearsley St., Flint. — G.G.
Whaley House open for tours
FLINT — The Whaley House, 624 E. Kearsley St., is open for tours Tuesday, Thursdays and Fridays from 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturdays from 1-4 p.m. Admission is $5 for adults and $3 for children. Visit www.whaleyhouse.com for a full calendar of events. Details: Call 810-471-4714. — G.G.