In brief

Post-graduation party being planned

FLINT TWP. — Graduation time is fast approaching and that means fundraising also is ramping up for the annual Carman- Ainsworth post-graduation party. The township board recently shared a letter from a committee of parents seeking support from local business owners. The committee’s goal is to raise $15,000 needed to plan and produce the overnight graduation party which is held at the high school. The objective is “to provide a fun, safe and substance-free evening” for C-A graduates to celebrate their achievement. The chaperoned event includes games, food, pries and photo souvenirs. Prize and food donations are sought as well as business sponsors at donations levels from $50 to $1000 who will receive a Certificate of Appreciation, listing on CA’s Facebook and Twitter feeds and other recognition. Donations may be sent to the the attention of the Post Grad Party Committee, Carman-Ainsworth High School, 1300 N. Linden Road, Flint, 48532. — R.S.

Get ready for Kindergarten Roundup 2014-15

FLINT TWP. — Registration will be held March 17-21 for children who will be eligible to attend kindergarten in the fall. Parents of a child who will turn age 5 by October 1 are asked to attend kindergarten registration being held at all four Carman- Ainsworth elementary schools. Those who are unsure about which school to go to, can call the local school or the school administration building at 591-3206.

Registration times are Monday, March 17 — 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Tuesday, March 18 — 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.

Wednesday, March 19 — 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Thursday, March 20 — 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Friday, March 21 — 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Schools are:

Dillon Elementary — 1197 Schumacher Ave — 591-3590

Dye Elementary — 1174 Graham Road — 591-3229

Randels Elementary — 6022 Brobeck St — 591-3250

Rankin Elementary — 3459 Mundy Ave — 591-4605

Registration information needed includes proof of residency (mortgage/property tax documentation/lease with two recent pieces of important mail such as: utility bill, insurance document, bank statement, etc.); the child’s certified birth certificate, up-to-date immunization record and Social Security number; custody restrictions (if applicable) and hearing and vision screening results (if already done). — R.S.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *