FLINT — As an expression of gratitude for the vital role essential workers continue to play in helping our community through the pandemic, Longway Planetarium is giving away a wedding ceremony to one essential worker in Genesee County and their partner.
The wedding package includes services from a variety of local businesses valued at $10,000 in total. The winner will be selected through public voting on Facebook.
The contest entry form is available at SloanLongway.org/Essential-Worker-Wedding-Giveaway/. The contest is open for entries now through Aug. 4 at 10 p.m. Nominees must be residents of Genesee County, Michigan.
On Aug. 5, a photo album of the eligible couples will be posted on the Longway Planetarium Facebook page, and the public will be able to vote through Facebook reactions. Each like, love, or other reaction counts as one vote. Voting will end and totals will be recorded August 18 at 4 p.m. EST. The winner will be notified and announced August 19.
Wedding Prize Package Details
The wedding package includes the following services:
– Wedding ceremony package for a maximum of 130 guests at Longway Planetarium. Guest count is subject to any applicable social distancing guidelines.
– Wedding reception hosted through the Flint Institute of Arts in Isabel Hall for 4 hours for up to 150 guests. The winner is responsible for set-up costs, bar services, staffing, and other addons.
– Music and DJ services through Black Tie Productions.
– Discounted photo package through Centennial Image Photography.
– Gift certificate for flowers through Vogt’s Flowers and Gifts.
– Gift certificate for Expressions In Silk Bridal Shop.
– Bouquets for the bride and bridal party provided by Always Elegant Events.
– Two-tiered wedding cake provided by Bella Birches.
– Bridal Table Center Piece provided by All Together Event Planning.
– Free car rental through Al Serra Auto Plaza.
– Gift certificate for Pineapple Beach Resort in Antigua. The winner is responsible for airfare and resort fees.
– Discounted service of 50 percent at Harvest Moon Salon.
– Officiant Services offered by Reverend Patti Ruhala of American Marriage Ministries.
– Share-A-Pass Membership to Sloan Museum and Longway Planetarium.
Essential Worker status for the purpose of the Wedding Giveaway is defined in Michigan Executive Order 2020-21 as the following: Health care and public health; law enforcement, public safety, and first responders; food and agriculture; energy; water and wastewater; transportation and logistics; public works; communications and information technology, including news media; other community-based government operations and essential functions; critical manufacturing; hazardous materials; financial services; chemical supply chains and safety; defense industrial base; child care workers serving the children or dependents of critical infrastructure workers; workers at designated suppliers and distribution centers; workers in the insurance industry; workers and volunteers for businesses or operations (including both and religious and secular nonprofit organizations) that provide food, shelter, and other necessities of life for economically disadvantaged or otherwise needy individuals, individuals who need assistance as a result of this emergency, and people with disabilities; and workers who perform critical labor union functions.
Complete contest rules are available at SloanLongway.org/Essential-Worker-Wedding-Giveaway/. — G.G.