FLINT — Mott Community College (MCC) is accepting applications for the 2021 Trustee Leadership Scholarship.
This prestigious competitive scholarship is awarded to one graduating senior from each high school within the College district. Each “Trustee Scholar” receives up to two years (62 credits total) of free tuition and fees to attend MCC.
Due to the pandemic, this year’s application process will be completely online. All interested students should start the application process by going to the following link: https:// forms.gle/Y1qXkr5S8LkwSnQg7. Questions regarding the scholarship should be addressed to Lori Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application process opens March 8. The application deadline is May 15.
“The Trustee Leadership Scholarship has become a sought-after scholarship countywide,” said Dr. Brian Ivory, Director of the MCC Honors College. “These students represent the best of the graduating seniors in our area.”
Students must meet several criteria in order to be eligible for the Trustee Scholarship award. Scholarships are given to students based on academic achievement as well as demonstrated leadership abilities, and community engagement activities. Additionally, student recipients must have graduated high school by June 28, 2021 in order to be eligible.
To be eligible, students must:
• Graduate from high school by June 28 of 2021
• Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better
• Enroll at MCC in the academic year immediately following high school graduation (Fall 2021)
• Scholarship requirements include:
• Attending the Trustee Scholars orientation event
• Enrolling full-time in both the Fall and Winter semesters
• Enrolling in one Honors course in the first semester
• Completing any required developmental courses during the Summer and/or Fall semester of the first year receiving the scholarship
Trustee Scholars are directly admitted into MCC’s Honors College and are eligible to renew the scholarship for the second year upon achieving a 2.75 grade point average or higher.
Mott Community College is committed to excellence in education and offering services that cultivate student success and improve the overall quality of life in a multicultural community. With almost 100 academic and occupational degree programs, we help students prepare to achieve more in an ever-changing economy. Through university transfer agreements, high-demand associate’s degree programs and one-year certification programs, we help ensure that all Mott students are ready to get more out of life. — G.G.