GENESEE COUNTY — Registration is now open for the 2019 Michigan Senior Olympic Winter Games. The events are beginning Feb. 6 and will run until Feb. 11 (exception of DanceSport Feb. 17).
There are 600 athletes from all over the state participating in the games. The Michigan Senior Olympics are open to anyone age 50+. Athletes compete in 5-year age groups.
The Michigan Seniors Olympics are proud to announce the addition of a new event to the Winter Games – Indoor Track & Field. This event will be held at Macomb Community College on Feb. 26. The event will feature sprints, runs, field events, racewalk, and powerwalk.
Schedule of Events
– EXTRA EVENT – Cross Country Skiing – Jan. 13
– FREE CLINIC – Jan. 13 – Platform Tennis at Waterford Oaks
– Ice Hockey (Men’s 60+ & 70+ Divisions) –Feb. 6-8 at Troy Sports Center
– Bocce Ball – Feb. 6 at Palazzo di Bocce
– Basketball (Free Throw & 3-Point Contest) –Feb. 6 at OPC Senior Center
– Badminton – Feb. 7-8 (evening) at OPC Senior Center
– Billiards – Feb. 9 at OPC Senior Center
– Pickleball – Feb. 9-11 at OPC Senior Center
– Powerlifting –Feb. 10 at Strength Depot
– Racquetball –Feb. 9 at Warren Racquet Club
– Table Tennis – Feb. 8 at OPC Senior Center
– DanceSport – Feb. 17 at Royal Park Hotel
– Indoor Track & Field, Racewalk, and Powerwalk – Feb. 26
– SAVE THE DATE – Volleyball (Co- Ed) – March 24 at Elite Sportsplex
– SAVE THE DATE – Women’s 50+ Ice Hockey – April 12-14
– SAVE THE DATE – Summer Games, Aug. 9-18.
Michigan Senior Olympics is a nonprofit organization that promotes healthy lifestyles by organizing state games, sports competitions, health, fitness, nutrition, and wellness programs for the over 50 population in the State of Michigan. MSO looks forward to an exciting time of competition and camaraderie. Many people participate for the competition while others play to just have fun.
Non-athletes are encouraged to check out the winter events. They are all free to watch (with the exception of the Dancesport event).
The DanceSport Competition is held at the Royal Park Hotel on Feb. 17, where professional and amateur dancers compete on the dance floor. The evening will include a cash bar, buffet dinner, raffles, and social dancing.
Call: 248-608-0252 to purchase tickets or for more information.
Details: Email firstname.lastname@example.org. — G.G.