Iconic fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi last week revealed the result of his latest project: the six-piece Malibu Collection, inspired by the allnew 2013 Chevrolet Malibu midsize sedan.
Beginning Oct. 16 at noon EDT, the new fashion collection will be sold exclusively on LivingSocial’s Shop in limited quantities. This is the company’s first venture into physical products featuring themed collections of unique, curated merchandise.
“The 2013 Malibu is a beautifully designed car,” said Mizrahi. “Each piece of my capsule collection was inspired by the features of the car, from the leather seats that feel like they are hugging you, to the ice-blue interior lighting.” The collection highlights some of the car’s most striking features and colors, including clean lines, crisp shapes, and soft-touch materials and textures, say Chevy officials, adding that the ice-blue ambient lighting that illuminates the cabin’s interior inspired some of the collection and each item incorporates elements of color:
• Malibu Driving Moccasin ($110): Made in Napa leather, with a quilted, cushioned insole. The color was inspired by the Malibu’s Crystal Red Tintcoat color.
• Malibu Blouse ($140): Blouse with robin’s egg blue silk crepe. Hidden buttons and pocket.
• Malibu Leather Jacket ($298): Buttery-soft black leather jacket with quilted detailing, interior blue contrast piping and a slightly fitted structure that resembles the contrast stitching on the seats.
• Malibu Double-Handle Tote Bag ($260): Rich saturated cobalt blue bag in pebble leather with black interior and blue piping along the zipper.
• Malibu Colored Skinny Jean ($73): Coated, poppy red color with a touch of stretch to conform to any body type.
• Malibu Oversized Boyfriend Watch ($110): The watch’s blue face is inspired by the Malibu’s interior light, and it’s complemented by silvertone detailing.
Mizrahi also drew style inspiration from women across the country that embody the persona of the new car.
“The collection captures the personality of the new Malibu owner: that smart, stylish woman who likes nice things, but is savvy about her purchases,” said Mizrahi. “Each piece is its own little reward for a woman that lives a smart and stylish life; together, as a collection, they make one great look.”
Content provided coutesy of Detroit Auto Scene. For more automotive new visit detroitautoscene.com.