GENESEE COUNTY — Genesee County residents now have the availability to drop off unused, unneeded and/or expired medications in a number of locations.
“We are pleased to partner with several local police departments to place these drop boxes in safe and convenient locations within the community. Residents can keep their medicine cabinets free of unneeded medication and keep it out of the hands of individuals who may misuse them,” says Danis Russell, CEO of Genesee Health System.
Locations can be found at:
• Davison City Police Department, 200 E. Flint St., Davison; Monday – Friday 8 a.m.–4 p.m .
• Fenton City Police Department, 301 S. Leroy Street, Fenton. Available 24 hours
• Flint Township Police Department, 5200 Norko Drive, Flint. Available 24 hours
• Flushing City Police Department, 725 E. Main Street; Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• Grand Blanc Township Police Department, 5405 S. Saginaw St. Grand Blanc. Available 24 hours
• Mott Community College Public Safety, 1401 E Court Street, Flint. Available 24 hours
Five of the boxes were acquired through a previous Byrne JAG grant that was awarded to the Office of Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton and Genesee Health System.
Genesee Health System provides services and supports to Genesee County residents who are adults and children with developmental disabilities, adults with serious mental illness, children with serious emotional disturbances, and adults and children with substance use disorders. Our focus is on the health of the whole person.
Details: Call 810-257-3705. — G.G.