GENESEE COUNTY — Genesee County is launching a 2020 photography contest to highlight the county’s natural resources, historical landmarks and cultural events.
From now until Dec. 15, area photographers can submit photos that illustrate the county’s beauty, assets and cultural treasures. Contest winners will have their photos prominently featured on Genesee County’s new website and inside county buildings.
Photo topics include:
• Nature & the Outdoors: Scenic shots of Genesee County parks, waterways and wildlife from any time of the year. Action shots of people of all ages playing, biking, hiking, fishing, boating, bird watching, etc.
• Culture and Arts: Attractions such as the Flint Institute of Arts, Linden Mills Historical Society, Longway Planetarium, Sloan Museum, etc.
• Shopping: Local shops & boutiques, farmer’s markets, etc.
• Food & Drink: Genesee County restaurants, food festivals, food trucks, etc.
• Festivals & Events: Back to the Bricks, Alley Fest, The HAP Crim Festival of Races, Montrose’s Blueberry Festival, Davison’s Festival of Flags, etc.
• History: Historical sites, buildings, landmarks, attractions, such as Historic Saginaw Street, Applewood Estate, Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad, etc.
The contest is open to any photographer over 18 years old until Dec. 15 at 5 p.m. Contestants under 18 must have their parent or guardian enter on their behalf.
Each photo submitted must be in digital format and have a caption. All photos must be submitted as high-resolution JPEG files and must be at least 5 x 7 (or 1500 x 2100) at 300 dpi or larger. If you submit any photo less than this resolution standard, the photo may be ineligible. Photos must be taken by the entrant and be the property of the entrant.
Contestants may also submit up to 10 photos. All photos must be taken in Genesee County, MI.
By entering the contest, photographers automatically give Genesee County permission to publish the submitted images in print, publications, social media and on websites, with a photo credit always given. To see more contest rules and to fill out an online form, visit gc4me.com. — B.G.