FLINT TWP. — Volunteers for the Old Newsboys annual Newspaper Sale will be set up in parking lots this year, instead of at street corners. A township safety ordinance, effective in March, banned all soliciting in the street, including the 91-year-old Old Newsboys annual charity drive which raises funds to provide Christmas presents for needy children and other programs.
Donors wishing to support the all-day Newspaper sale this Friday, December 11, should plan to stop by the following locations:
• Macy’s Genesee Valley Mall at Miller and Linden Roads
• Famous Dave’s Bar-B-Queue, G-3558 Miller Road
• 103.9 The Fox radio station, G-4511 Miller Road
• Speedway Gas Station, Miller and Dye
• Speedway Gas Station, Corunna and Elms
• Speedway Gas Station, Miller at I-75
• Sign A Rama, 4297 Miller
• Robert’s Tax Service, 3421 S Dye Road
Sale organizers said large signs will be posted instructing donors where to come.
Organizers also are hoping to add more locations including the lobby of Financial Plus Credit Union at Corunna and Dye roads, and the parking lot at Patsy Lou Automotive Group at Corunna and Linden roads, but those locations had not been confirmed as of press time. — Rhonda Sanders