GENESEE COUNTY — Families living in Genesee County needing Christmas assistance with toys and food, to ensure a blessed Christmas holiday for their children, should come and apply for The Salvation Army’s 2020 Christmas Assistance program.
The sign-up days will be held Oct. 20 at the Flint Beecher Corps, 1475 W. Coldwater Rd., Flint, and on Oct. 21-23 at the Flint Citadel Corps in downtown Flint.
The Salvation Army Flint, Michigan, Genesee County Christmas Assistance 1-Day Flint Beecher Corps Sign-Up
1475 W. Coldwater Rd., Flint, 810-789-4003, on Oct. 20, from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Christmas Assistance 2-Day Flint Citadel Sign-Up, 211 W. Kearsley St., 810-232-2196. Extended Hours: Wednesday, Oct. 21 from 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Thursday, Oct. 22 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
The Salvation Army’s Christmas Assistance Program is intended to help Genesee County residents who would otherwise be unable to provide Christmas gifts to their children. Children over 14 years of age are not eligible for toys.
• Michigan I.D. • Social Security cards for ALL adults in the household. Case Summary from DHHS will also be accepted instead of the Social Security cards.
• Birth certificates and Social Security cards for ALL dependents in the home (must be able to provide proof of legal guardianship). Food Stamp Case Action Notice from DHHS will also be accepted instead of birth certificates and Social Security cards.
• Proof of income for the last 30 days.
– Acceptable documents include the following: Pay stubs
– Child Support Statement
– Social Security/SSI/SSDI
– Workman’s Comp.
– Food Stamp Case Action Notice (not more
than 6 months old)
– One piece of mail with current address.