Senior Center gets renewed 5-year lease




FLINT TWP. — The Flint Township/Carman-Ainsworth Senior Center has a new lease on life. Well, actually a renewed one.

The township board approved a fiveyear lease for the center for which rent is $1 per year paid through December 31,2020 when the lease expires.

Terms of the lease have not changed from the previous lease. it covers the usual tenant/landlord agreements including use of the building, maintenance and repairs, insurance, utilities, damage and destruction, hazardous waste, landlord access to the premises, and conditions for termination.

The township owns the building at 2071 S. Graham Road and operates the senior center in partnership with Carman-Ainsworth Schools. The senior center occupies 60 percent of the building and the other 40 percent is leased to the Genesee District Library, said Township Supervisor Karyn Miller.

She said the lease contract had been reviewed by the township attorney,

Programs and activities at the center are supported by fundraising and the Genesee County Senior Millage.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *