GENESEE COUNTY — Here’s an overview of how state and county candidates did in the Nov. 6 election, as well as the outcome of several Genesee County ballot proposals.
• U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow won by a comfortable 19 percent against Republican challenger Pete Hoekstra earning 122,210 votes in Genesee County to Hoekstra’s 52,970.
• Incumbent Geneseee County Drain Commissioner Jeff Wright retained his seat, beating challenger Robert Stewart 119,572-52,502.
• Democrat John Gleason won the county clerk/register of deeds position by a vote of 119,838-52,996, defeating Republican Michael Stikovich of Richfield Township.
• Deborah Cherry will retain her position as Genesee County Treasurer, defeating challenger Adam Ford with a vote of 120,009- 53,890.
• The Genesee County Health Care millage renewal won, 111,310-63,545.
• The veteran’s millage received 98,968 votes in favor, with 67,635 against.
• The Michigan State University Extension millage only received 70,099 votes, versus 94,855 against. The defeat of the proposal is likely to place the future of the Genesee County 4-H program in question. — View staff