Chevrolet last week unveiled the 2014 Malibu, calling it a roomier, more refined and more efficient execution of its midsize sedan.
The 2014 Malibu has updated styling, a revised interior, a new 2.5L standard engine and suspension enhancements that high- light the changes. It goes on sale this fall.
“The 2014 Chevrolet Malibu builds on the strengths established by the all-new 2013 Malibu to make it a stronger choice for customers,” said Mark Reuss, president, General Motors North America. “The midsize sedan segment is the most contested in the industry and we’re not sitting still with the 2014 Chevrolet Malibu.”
New features for the 2014 Malibu include
• A revised front-end appearance
• Roomier rear seat with 1.25 inches more knee room
• Redesigned center console
• New 2.5L engine with variable valve lift control and start/stop technology that helps deliver estimated fuel economy of 23 city/35 highway
• Nearly 14 percent more torque from the available 2.0L turbo engine
• Suspension enhancements
• New available Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert safety features.”
“The 2014 Malibu has been engineered to deliver more precise ride and handling that is on par with more expensive sports sedans,” said Ken Kelzer, executive chief engineer, Global Full-Size and Midsize cars.
Content provided courtesy of Detroit Auto Scene. For more automotive news visit detroitautoscene.com.